Orthopedic Extremity Surgeon
Dr. Robert W. Doidge, D.O. founded his leading Northern NJ Sports Medicine practice in 1992. He completed a Sports Medicine/Arthroscopic Surgery fellowship at Michigan State University and an AO fellowship in Switzerland; he specializes in arthroscopic reconstruction of the knee and shoulder.
Dr. Doidge is a Board-Certified Orthopaedic surgeon and a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He served as an Elite Surgical Team member for the Institute of Western Surgery, providing training in the best surgical techniques to doctors in China. Repeatedly named one of the “Best Doctors” in the NY Metro Area by Castle Connolly since 1997, Dr. Doidge also serves as a Team Physician/ Consultant for many local high schools and colleges.
Arthroscopic surgery allows us to visualize more of the joint surface than a traditional open incision wound, allowing easier diagnosis and treatment of many conditions. Often, patients opt for arthroscopic surgery as it provides a shorter recovery period.
Dr. Robert Doidge also specializes in arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the shoulder and knee as well as arthroscopic surgery of the elbow and ankle.
- American Osteopathic Association
- New Jersey Association of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons
- The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- The American Osteopathic Academy for Orthopaedics
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Birth-Related Neurological Injury of Compensation Association
- Institute for Western Surgery